About Me . . .
FIRST NAME: Godwin Delali
SPECIAL NAME: GADEL
SELF DESCRIPTION: I am Godwin Delali Adadzie GADEL. My surname means “in continues rage/anger” and Delali means “there is a Saviour.” Godwin means “a friend of God” and GADEL is both an abbreviation of my names Godwin Adadzie DELali as well as my Jewish name. Yeah, GADEL means “to grow up” in the Hebrew. A novice might think it means “God of fortune/luck” - Gad (Fortune- one of the 12 tribes of Israel) & El (God or gods). Kwami is the common (Ewe) name given to males born on Saturday.
I am an Ewe born from the Republic of Ghana in West Africa. I was baptized an Evangelical Presbyterian ; however, I recently converted to Roman Catholicism. I am highly ambitious and determined, sometimes very reserved and other times zealously outspoken. I am very passionate about truth – so I happen to do Apologetics i.e. the explanation and defend of truth whether regarding the existence of God, the reality of the Virgin birth, the Divinity of Christ or the infallibility of the Pope, etc. I love drinking and smoking a lot. Yeah! I drink water and I smoke fish. Got you :) I happen to be a strict vegetarian now so instead of fish I now prefer Tofu (Soybean meat - yummy)
Academically, I studied science at High School (Chemu Secondary School, 2001-2004) and I have a bachelor‘s degree in Information Technology (Methodist University College Ghana, 2005-2009). I believe science and faith are two sides of the same coin and that they never contradict each other.
Concerning Social Media, I see myself more as an Analyst more than a Social Media Strategist. I have first class knowledge in the use of Social Media and Social Networking to reach target audience and promote products etc. I have a fair knowledge in Search Engine Optimization and Marketing.
INTEREST: King Jesus Christ, Mother Mary, Silent Prayer/Meditation, Apologetics, Philosophy, Social media, Programming, Languages, Research, Blogging, Drawing and Music.
MOVIES: The Passion of the Christ, The Sound of Music, Lean on Me, Coming to America, American Ninja (parts 1-7), Double Impact, The Adventures of Sinbad(both movie and series), The Never Ending Story, The Lord of the Rings (film trilogy), The Agony of the Christ, Akeelah and the Bee, The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest (animation series), Tom and Jerry (animation), Ocean Girl (both animation and movie series), Captain Planet (animation series), Kung Fu Panda (animation), Journey to the West (1986 original series), Thunder Stone (series).
MUSIC: Gregorian chant, Gospel, R&B, Jazz, High Life.
BOOKS: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Tobit, Judith, Esther, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees, Job, Psalms, The Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, The Song of Songs, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Baruch, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 and 2 Peter, 1-3 John, Jude, and Revelation, Catechism of the Catholic Church, Mere Christianity, Things Catholics Are Asked About, Things Fall Apart, Marriage of Anansewaa.
THOUGHTS FROM THE FOLLOWING OF CHRIST (Probably by Ven. Thomas á Kempis)
- It is vanity to desire a long life, while you care so little for a virtuous life.
- Every man naturally desires knowledge; but what does knowledge avail without the fear of God?
- When the Day of Judgment comes, we shall not be asked what we have read, but what we have done; not how well we have spoken, but how well we have lived.
- If you cannot make yourself as you would like to be, how can you expect to have others according to your liking? We want others to be perfect; and yet we do not correct our own defects.
- You ought so to regulate yourself in all your actions and thoughts, as if today you were to die.
- What does it avail to live long, if we amend so little?
- Christ was willing to suffer and to be despised; and do you dare complain when treated likewise? Christ had enemies and slanderers; and do you wish to have all men as friends and benefactors?
- Whence will your patience be crowned, if you meet with no adversity?
- You are not holier because you are praised, nor are you worse because you are blamed.
- For man looks into your face, but God looks into your heart. Man sees your works, but God sees your intentions.
- If you regard the dignity of the Giver, no gift will seem to you small or cheap; for that cannot be small which is given by the highest Giver.
- Jesus has now many lovers of His heavenly kingdom; but few bearers of His cross. He finds many companions at His table; but few at His fasts. Many follow Jesus to the breaking of bread; but few to the drinking of the chalice of His Passion.
- Had there been anything better and more profitable for the salvation of mankind than suffering, Christ would surely have shown it by word and example. For He clearly exhorts the disciples who followed Him, and all those who wish to follow Him, to carry the cross, and says: ‘If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.’
- So then, when all has been carefully read and minutely examined, let the final conclusion be: ‘Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.’
"Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin Mary too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did and If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his mother, he will not have Christ for his brother." St. Maximilian Kolbe
"Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." St. Ignatius of Antioch
"No matter how good food is, if poison is mixed with it, it may cause the death of him who eats it. So it is with conversation. A single bad word, an evil action, an unbecoming joke, is often enough to harm one or more young listeners, and may later cause them to lose God's grace." St. John Bosco
"Humility is the only virtue that no devil can imitate. If pride made demons out of angels, there is no doubt that humility could make angels out of demons." St. John Climacus
"He who walking on the sea could calm the bitter waves, who gives life to the dying seeds of the earth; he who was able to loose the mortal chains of death, and after three days' darkness could bring again to the upper world the brother for his sister Martha: he, I believe, will make Damasus rise again from the dust." St. Damasus
"No earthly pleasures, no kingdoms of this world can benefit me in any way. I prefer death in Christ Jesus to power over the farthest limits of the earth. He who died in place of us is the one object of my quest. He who rose for our sakes is my one desire. Do not talk about Jesus Christ as long as you love this world." St Ignatius of Antioch
"Ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ." St. Jerome
"When the devil reminds you of your past... remind him of his future!" St. Teresa of Avila
"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best." St. Jerome
"We will either accuse ourselves or excuse ourselves" St. John Vianney
"If God created shadows it was to better emphasize the light" Pope John XXIII
"He that sees another in error and endeavors not to correct it, testifies himself to be in error." Pope Leo I
"It is not hard to obey when we love the one whom we obey" St. Ignatius of Loyola
"Don't speak unless you can improve on the silence." Spanish Proverb
"Honesty is the best policy." English Proverb
"Be gentle but firm in all your ways." Myself
"No amount of worry can solve any problem." Myself
"I was born alone, I will die alone and I will be judged alone." Myself
WHERE I GREW UP: Community 7, Tema, the industrial hub of the Republic of Ghana.
SCHOOLS I’VE ATTENDED: Joint Church, Community Seven No. 2, Chemu Secondary School; Methodist University College Ghana
PETS: None for now :-)
LOYALTY TO THE POPE: I fully support and try to live by all teachings of our Hoy Father Pope Benedict XVI.
EUCHARIST: It smells, taste and looks like bread but it is more than bread. It is the Body and Blood of King Jesus Christ under the appearance of bread. "Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that It is His Body?" St. Cyril of Jerusalem
ABORTION: Abortion is a serious sin. Renaming murder doesn’t change it. It’s simply that. "Prevention of birth is a precipitation of murder " Tertullian
PREMARITAL SEX: Sex before or outside of marriage is a serious sin.
HOMOSEXUALITY: It’s a crime against God and nature. Homosexual acts are pretty serious sins; homosexuals are called to chastity.
CONTRACEPTION: Contraception is simply barbaric.
MARRIAGE: Marriage is the great Sacrament that yokes two people (a man and a woman) together to become One flesh even though they among many are already One Body in Christ Jesus. A valid marriage cannot be dissolved for any reason other than death, no matter what as King Jesus Christ
taught the Church and I hold to that firmly. There is no use of contraceptives or condoms either and married couples must always BE OPEN TO LIFE.
IMMACULATA CONCEPTIO: Mother Mary was full of grace: redeemed at conception and free of sin.
WOMEN ORDINATION: We are bound by Jesus' (and the Holy Apostles') choice who chose only men. This has nothing to do with disregard for women.
MY BELIEF: I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father; from thence he shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.